My Adventures!!!

These are my adventures of living on my own and fulfilling my calling of working for the church and being a teacher. Let's see how it goes!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Back to the Smog

I thought that was a pretty catchy title that I came up with as I was landing in Ontario last week on my way back from Spring Break. As many of you know, I went home a couple of weeks ago for Easter and Spring Break. Now I don't really like to fly, but seeing as I live in California and my family is in Texas, flying is the easiest, fastest and now probably the cheapest way to get back home. The morning I left got off to a great start, I got to the airport in plenty of time. The first adventure started when I got on the plane. Boy was it bumpy. I got off in Las Vegas and none of the screens had the gate that I was to depart from. "Great" I thought. I had to call Peter so he could look online for the correct gate. This flight was once again bumpy because of the front in Texas. I get off that flight in Houston and had a very small connection time. I make it in time to get in the "A" line and get my seat that I always try to sit in...Row 13 on the window. The flight to Corpus is a short one, but once again very bumpy. It was also very cold. I was so ready to get home that I didn't really care. I was greeted by mom and dad and we waited for my luggage. One bag comes around the carousel and we wait and wait and wait. The carousel stops moving. For those of you who have never been to the Corpus Christi International Airport, we have two, maybe three carousels and eight gates. So I shouldn't have had to wait that long for one of my bags. I realized the bag that was missing was the bag that had all of my clothes and as tomorrow was Easter, I needed that bag. Thank goodness the bag came in on the next flight.

That night we had our traditional dinner at the Boggs, it was so nice to be back with family and actually have a Real home cooked meal. Easter was soo cold, but it was good to be back at my church. I played with the bell choir and it was great to play bells again. Sometimes it is so relaxing.

Sunday we drove up to Georgetown because Peter was having surgery on his mouth the next day. I have much sympathy for him because his mouth has had to go through so much with all the teeth pulling and braces and now these multiple surgeries! On Monday I had lunch with my best friend! It is surreal that we are so far away but when we are together it is like we still live across the hall.

Tuesday and Wednesday I did nothing, almost literally. I got up late and laid on the couch all day until the evening when we would go to dinner or church. Tuesday we went to Frank's (yummy). The meal was amazing, I knew I missed good Italian food, but I didn't know I missed it that much. That night I saw some of my work friends and caught up on stuff. Wednesday we went to bell choir practice and had dinner out. My parents and I laugh so much when we are out, or even at home. It is wonderful.

Thursday and Friday, mom took the day off and we got our nails done, got the car fixed, shopped for groceries and saw Meet the Robinsons. I give the movie 3 stars, I laughed and got a little teary, the perfect combination for a movie. Dad was supposed to take Friday off but had this huge ARD but when he got home we went to our tradtional Friday night dinner at On the Border. Great times.

Saturday I took my Special Ed Certification test. 'Nuff said. I get my test score on May 4th. Please pray!

Sunday was church and shopping at the mall. I got another pair of shoes...yea!
Monday I was back to California and the smog. It was good to be back "home" but I still miss Texas so much.

While I was at home I received an email from Southwest Airlines saying that I had received my free roundtrip for having 8 roundtrips in a year. Today, I booked those tickets to go back home the week between our spring semester and summer school, so I can go to Sea City and actually work (probably as a Water Babe!!). I will be back for a week in California then I will go to NYC for my US-2 midterm. Shout out to my class-mates...I can't wait to see y'all. So much traveling!

I also found out this past week that I will be teaching my Relationships class all three rotations of summer school and helping with Water Aerobics!! Then I will be driving back to Texas for two whole weeks!! That will mark one year gone, and only one more year in the program. That means I have to start figuring out what to do afterwards. I have some thoughts, but I guess I will see how it plays out.

I know this was a long one, but I will really try to post more often. It was really great seeing everyone on my trip home and I am looking forward to June!

grace and peace

1 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Will you stillbe able to come up to Phoebix and Sun City for your Birthday?
    Didn't you truly like Hawaii? We surely do.
    OOO, & XXX GMa, and GPa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home