My Adventures!!!

These are my adventures of living on my own and fulfilling my calling of working for the church and being a teacher. Let's see how it goes!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Birthday Weekend

Yes last week I celebrated my 23rd birthday. I am still getting used to saying I am 23 not 22. Man the years are just starting to fly by. Some of you may know that my past 2 birthdays have not been the best. This is probably because I am over dramatic and to most people they would have been fine. But seeing as that I am not most people...I spent this past weekend in Phoenix with my grandparents. It was a nice relaxing weekend. And I had a few firsts.

1. When we go see my mom's parents we usually go to this pretty good Italian food restaurant. With your entree, you get a salad with this really good dressing. The only problem with the salad is that it has beets on it. Usually I just pile them on my dad's plate, but seeing as he was not there, I decided to act my new age and be a big girl and eat the beets. Surprisingly, well maybe not since I pretty much like any food that is set in front of me, I liked the beets.

2. Number 2 also goes to food. We decided to cook at home for Saturday night. I went with Baba to the store that morning and he asked if I had ever had Brussell sprouts. I said no, but seeing that I had beets the night before, I was throwing caution to the wind. That night my uncle came over and had dinner with us. It was nice to catch up. Lo and behold, I ate a whole brussell sprout. I really liked it, it sort of tastes like an asparagus.

3. I drove in Phoenix by myself without getting lost once!! That is actually is a semi-big feat. My wonderful mother had some doubt, but I pulled through.

4. This is not really a first, but my grandmother let me choose a piece of her jewelry for part of my birthday present. I chose a turquoise bracelet that she wore when the family drove across the country and my dad had a pet raccoon. So it has great sentimental value.

All in all it was a wonderful birthday weekend. I have started the countdown until mid-term (18 days). The countdown until SCWC (32 days). I actually saw my last day of my US-2 placement. The last day of school for 2007-2008 is June 18. That I think is my last day at Joan Macy.

Lots of stuff to think about now!!

grace and peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home