My Adventures!!!

These are my adventures of living on my own and fulfilling my calling of working for the church and being a teacher. Let's see how it goes!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Countdown!

So this is about the 10th countdown that I have had while living in California. I find that having these countdowns make the days go by much better. This certain countdown is the countdown until Midterm in New York. Midterm starts on June 3rd, which is just a week away. But here is what makes it even better.
Monday -- Memorial Day, ergo no school
Tuesday -- Disneyland, it is somewhat of a tradition to take the seniors to Disneyland before graduation and I was asked to help the senior advisor. I like this group of girls, as I had most of them in my relationships class or on leadership, so it should be fun, to say the least (probably more interesting).
Wednesday -- May Compact Day, on compact days the girls get out at 12:55 rather than 2, we still have to stay until the regular time, but the day is still short.
Thursday and Friday are not really anything special, but they are close to the end of the week, which leads us to...
Saturday -- My Supershuttle is picking me up at 7 am and my flight leave LAX at 11. I arrive sometime in Chicago and I am meeting up with Adam, since we are the two westerners and we get into La Guardia around 9.

This countdown actually entails two different events, the one listed above and the one listed below.
I get back from the East Coast on June 9th. The last week of school starts that Monday.
Monday -- normal 715-330 day
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday -- finals/minimum days, which means school goes from 8-12.
Friday -- Graduation/promotion. Graduation is at 11 and school gets out at 12.
Saturday -- another Supershuttle ride to LAX. This time the plane takes me to CORPUS CHRISTI!!! I am working Sea City Work Camp and get to spend time with family (much needed time).

Another countdown that I have is for July 13 and July 21. These are the days that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows come out, respectively. I am VERY excited about these two events.

Last week I saw Shrek the Third and Pirates of the Caribbean. Neither of these are as good as their predecessors, but they are well worth at least paying matinee prices at the movie theater. I even saw Pirates the night before it came out and honestly I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hopefully these countdown weeks don't go by too slowly...

See most everyone very soon!

grace and peace

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No commentary about your trip to NYC?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home